Sunday, July 26, 2009

E-mail From Marine Vet UCD Water Skier

We received this e-mail from Chris Ritthaler, Marine Vet and UC Davis Ski Team Member, last week and thought it was more than worthy of a blog post.

My name is Chris Ritthaler and I am on the UC Davis Collegiate Waterski and Wakeboard team. I am also a former Marine Corps Sergeant. I have 2 combat tours in Iraq as well as one in Cuba and Chile. Before joining the Marine Corps I had been a track and field athlete and had planned on running in college when my enlistment was up. Towards the end however, I hurt my ankle pretty bad in a training accident and could no longer run competitively. When I began attending school at UC Davis I was introduced to the ski team through a friend of mine who was an alum. I am now an officer for the team and skiing has given me a chance to go out and compete in a sport that I love. The team has had a Malibu since at least 2001 (that was the year of our old Response) and our team recently acquired a 2008 Response Lxi. I have skied behind most of the other AWSA approved tow boats in competitions, but in my mind nothing is as good as our Malibu. Basically I would like to thank Malibu for making a boat that, for me, is inseparable from one of the most positive things in my life (skiing) and I know that someday when I'm out of school and can afford to actually get a boat of my own, it will without a doubt be a Malibu.

We can't tell you how much a message like this means to us, Chris. We are thankful for groups like the UCD Ski Team and the positive outlet they have allow you and others who benefit from their group. We are also thankful for individuals like yourself who fought and are fighting for our country. We are proud that you ski behind a Malibu boat and we look forward to having you as a part of our family for years to come. Thank you.

Tags: | | | | | | | | | |

No comments: