Sunday, August 30, 2009

Team Malibu's Dallas Friday Featured in Orlando Magazine


Dallas Friday article excerpt provided by Orlando Magazine. Dallas Friday, 23, has won more than 60 professional wakeboarding titles, making her the all-time leader among women in the sport.

“I started in wakeboarding at 12. I did gymnastics before, but I kind of got over it. I wanted to try something new and my brothers got me into wakeboarding. I tried it and I absolutely loved it. I was drawn to it.”

“My first year [2000, when she was 13] on the pro tour I won an event down in West Palm Beach. I went from never making it into the finals to winning a pro tour stop. Crazy, huh? Finally it clicked at that contest.” Friday has dominated her sport ever since, winning almost every event she has entered. She won an ESPY award for Best Female Action Sports Athlete for 2004, and in July she won the gold medal in the female wakeboarding competition at the World Games in Taiwan.

Visit Orlando Magazine to read the entire Dallas Friday article.

Tags: | | | | | | | | |

No comments: