Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Life My Boat - Building-up Owners

My Life My Boat MovementInstead of spending 2010 simply promoting themselves, the crew at Malibu Boats (@MalibuBoats) is promoting their customers with the “My Life My Boat” movement. Malibu Boats wants to give back to boat owners who further the Malibu Difference. The My Life My Boat Movement was born from this goal. These owners promote Malibu Boats and water sports by exhibiting truth on the water. Many of them also selflessly support their communities and their country. This is why Malibu wants to reward them with some well-deserved exposure. Malibu will shine a light on the passions that make up these dedicated owners’ lives on and off the water in an effort to give back to them. Malibu Boats is committing to publicize charities, businesses, events and people dear to the hearts of select Malibu boat owners through digital media as a way of saying thank you.

Additional Links
My Life My Boat Images on Flickr
Malibu My Life My Boat Continuing Coverage on Del.icio.us

Just like the words “My Life” come first in the My Life My Boat movement title, Malibu Boats is putting the lives of their family of boat owners first. The World’s No. 1 selling water sports boat manufacturer is dimming the spotlight on Malibu Boats and shinning it on the customers that have helped elevate this boat brand to the top. But the focus of this attention will not be restricted to water sports or Malibu Boats related subjects. Malibu Boats wants to give back to these ambassadors of the Malibu Difference by bringing some exposure and promotion to the passions in their lives, water-related or not.

2009 Malibu Wakesetter VLX owner, Attila Tassi loves to boat and is an amazing mouthpiece for Malibu Boats, but his true passion lies with helping others. Tassi is the founder of Horton’s Heroes, a organization he formed to support injured service personnel undergoing therapy at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and Bethesda Naval Hospital; to try to bring some sense of normalcy to their lives; to show these men and women that people do care. Malibu Boats would like to reward Tassi for his dedication to United States Service Men and Women by drawing more attention to Horton’s Heroes through the use of the Malibu Boats digital and social media channels.

Monthly, beginning January 2010, Malibu Boats will feature a Malibu boat owner as a part of the My Life My Boat movement. Each month will begin with a new Malibu boat owner story added to the Malibu Boats Blog detailing the passions in these individuals’ lives. This blog post will accompany a national news release as well as photos displayed on Malibu Boats Flickr.com and/or video posted on Malibu’s YouTube Channel. Malibu Boats will fill the month with regular tweets about the My Life My Boat honoree along with facebook status and event updates. Malibu Boat has also carved out a section of their monthly e-newsletter to feature My Life My Boat feature boat owners. Malibu will also look for other ways to generate the maximum exposure for each My Life My Boat owner recognized.

Malibu dealers, partners, pro team members and employees are being given the opportunity to nominate boat owners they feel embody the Malibu Difference in the spirit of My Life My Boat. While Malibu Boats will not be able to honor every Malibu boat owner with My Life My Boat promotion, they hope to give as much back as they can to their family of owners through this movement.

Tags: | | | | | | | | |

No comments: