By Chad Douglas
Whew… what a season. I would like to start this off by saying thank you to Malibu Boats! Thank you for building amazing products. Thank you for having excellent customer service. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to promote, advertise and enjoy an amazing summer in the best wake boat around.
- Watching dozens of individuals land their first something’s. From wake jumps, to surf 360s, to glides and handle-pass mobes, the WAKESETTER 22 MXZ served up consistent wakes and waves all summer long. “Glitzy” truly earned her reputation for having the biggest wake in the Northwest this season.
- Watching people wander from all over the sand dunes at Crescent Bar and form an instant dance party while tied up in the floatilla during Memorial Day weekend.
- Hearing from someone who has been towing competitive water skiing their whole life, “This is the most pleasurable driving experience I’ve ever had in a wakeboard boat.”
- Discussing, demonstrating and just plain showing off products that speak for themselves to hundreds of people all summer long.
Although this was only my first season as a Malibu Northwest Region promotional rider, I felt it went very well. Throughout the season I was able to accomplish the following:
- Over 180 hours of running time on the boat
- Towed over 130 wakeboard, wakeskate, and surfing sets in competition over 4 different events
- Had over 150 individuals onboard the boat at different events and occasions
- Sold the boat so that I can spend the 2013 season showing off the latest and greatest, the WAKESETTER22MXZ with SURF GATE!
With the hours of available sunlight beginning to dwindle here in the Northwest, I am getting ready for winter. The plan forward is to expand on the foundation we built this season and aim for even more promotional events next season. We will continue to keep the boat on Lake Washington in hopes of getting as much water time as possible. Our 2013 boat will again be towing all Northwest INT wakeboard events and hopefully a few other local events. I am also in discussion with local shops, Seattle Boats, and other interested businesses here in the Northwest on the potential for more activities that benefit everyone involved. I look forward to working with all of you this next season and hope that you are as excited about the results of this season as I am. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns, or comments. I am all-ears for any feedback on this season or ideas for next season. Take care, Chad Douglas email@example.com
Tags: Malibu Boats |