Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A New Pair Of World Records For Regina

 

After Malibu's launch of the all-new Response TXi last August, Regina Jaquess made a statement in October, 2011 by setting a new women's slalom record of 2 buoys at 41' off. Regina reflected, "When I tied the record two years ago with 1 @ 41 I was living on a cloud that I had tied a world record, then I ran 1 1/4 and then 1 1/2, and I owned the world record all by myself. When I ran 2 @ 41, I thought it was amazing, and that 3 would be nearly impossible."

On June 17, Regina found herself behind the TXi again, this time in Cedar Ridge, Mississippi with perfect conditions to see how far she could push into 41 off. After two powerful turns around the 1 and 2 ball, Regina stretched out to get around 3, dealt with her slack, and crossed back over the wakes, successfully scoring a pending world record of 3 buoys at 41 off.

Just the day before, she beat her own record, improving on 2 @ 41 to 2 1/4 @ 41. "These records are different," Regina said. "Because now I have the confidence to get deep down the course at 41 off."

A number of factors played into this new pending world record. "It was definitely a combination of my training with Cory Pickos, at the Pickos World Ski Resort in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, my Goode ski that I have been able to help develop with Dave Goode, and the new Malibu Response TXi.  The TXI has small narrow wakes that allow you to change your edge earlier going into the buoy, resulting in running the lines easier and making my skiing enjoyable. The TXI is a great looking boat, that drives incredible.  When I ski behind it, I feel confident that I will get the best pull ever, every time!" 



No comments: